Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Planning a Housewarming Party - for a home I don't own

I'm so excited to have all my friends and family come see our new home, that I forgot a few important factors:
1.  We don't own the house until September 20th (when escrow is estimated to close)
2.  We don't own furniture (not enough to fill 4 bedroooms at least) - lots of empty rooms filled with big dreams for the future.
3.  I don't think I have enough seating to have a good party. People want to relax, not stand around.


Before I even move into the house, I start talking myself out of the housewarming party. I hate when I get all negative like that. Never to fear, the internet is here! I found some new inspiration while looking at Evite choices for housewarming parties....



 It's a drunken watermelon on tap!
 A little rum, some basic clean plumbing supplies, a knife, limes, and you've got a party! This is the best thing since sliced bread.  If you want to keep the party PG-13 or have it for a baby shower or something, substitute juice for the alcohol ~ serve on ice in a pretty glass with potential fruit accessories... YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment