Sunday, July 25, 2010

September is National Sewing Month

Kim (transfixed on her computer screen) : September is National Sewing Month.
Alan (reading sports stats on his Iphone) : Well that's one to talk about around the water cooler tomorrow.

The little foot thing on my sewing machine popped off and my bobbin is all screwed up now. I think that I wasn't supposed to sew the elastic waistband with the machine or at least change the settings in some way. So many rookie mistakes! How about the fact that I didn't double the material when I layed out the pattern and only cut one of the "back panels" of the pants. This mistake created Alan's new PJ shorts, no longer had the material for pants.  I was thinking about the bobbin while eating at the cousin's place. Too bad I stayed so late, I could have finished those pants.

Only the short pj pants' legs' hems and the finishing touches on the waistband left to sew!  I hope to finish after work tomorrow, but I have to go into LA. I usually don't get much done on the days that I commute into LA.  They don't look as gigantic with the elastic in the waistband. I couldn't have imagined them being the real size before. All I want to do is make a few simple garments, some crafts, and home decor (curtains and whatnot). It is going to take a few more pj pants for me to get some practice under my belt. Thank God for YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16pQfQBGA3g).

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment